Graduate Recruiting 2020
WELCOME TO VIRTUAL GRADUATE RECRUITING 2020
Welcome to Virginia Tech and the Department of Chemistry, where we are advancing cutting-edge discoveries through multidisciplinary approaches to research, innovative solutions to global concerns, and a student-centered focus on education.
Each research advisor is dedicated to your development as a scientist. Within the laboratories at Virginia Tech, you will be trained at the highest levels in experimental design and computational methods. In our classrooms, you will learn advanced topics from battery technology to green chemistry. Beyond the scientific endeavor, you will meet other great students in a supportive and collaborative environment where we all work toward the betterment of the human condition.
Join us and begin an exciting journey that will propel you toward a successful career.
Select a topic below to learn more about our program
LOOKING FOR SOME ADVICE?
Hear from current graduate student Christy Orsino as she shares her experience with deciding to come to Virginia Tech and gives some advice about getting through your graduate program.
SEE WHAT'S NEW ON TWITTER
OUR SCHEDULE OF "EVENTS"
- Wednesday, March 18th, 11am: Live Q&A with a Graduate Student Panel via Zoom (link here)
- Thursday, March 19th, 3pm: Live Q&A with a Graduate Student Panel via Zoom (link here)
- Friday, March 20th, 10am–12pm: Open Office Hours with the Graduate Program Director via Zoom (link here)
- Tuesday, March 24th, 11am–12pm: Office Hours with the Graduate Program Director (link here)
- Wednesday, March 25th, 11am–12pm: Office Hours with the Graduate Program Director (link here)
- Thursday, March 26th, 11am–12pm: Office Hours with the Graduate Program Director (link here)