Congratulations Class of 2019!
June 5, 2019
Congratulations to the Class of 2019! Join us in celebrating the achievements of our undergraduate and graduate degree recipients.
Bachelor of Arts
- Emily Barritt, summa cum laude
- Travis Bean
- Cormac Berigan
- Anna Cheplick
- Clark Cucinell, magna cum laude
- Zachary Darienzo
- Luke DiPette, magna cum laude
- Grey Fritz, summa cum laude
- Courtney Harvey
- Mason Kapelanski
- Conor Kelly
- Muzzammil Khan
- Rhett Kiser
- Shalin Pregraves
- Joseph Re
- Ryan Robinson
- Sarah Ross
- Nina Vernacchio
- Yueying Wang, magna cum laude
- Laura Wonilowicz
- Christopher Wu
- Rachel Zarzour
Bachelor of Science
- James Alatis, cum laude
- Linda Allworth, magna cum laude
- Ari Chernoff
- Emerald Greene
- Rachael Langlois
- Quentin Loague, magna cum laude
- Justin Martinez, magna cum laude
- Ann Marie May, summa cum laude
- Alexis McCarthy, magna cum laude
- Steven Miller, summa cum laude
- Peter Moberg
- Mai Anh Nguyen
- Jonathan Roof, summa cum laude
- Nathan Sicheri
- Gregory Traversa, magna cum laude
- Isabella Ulate
- Andrew Williams
- Benjamin Zydlewski, summa cum laude
Master of Science Degrees
- Jeremy Cunningham, advised by Paul Carlier
- McAlister Council-Troche, advised by John Morris
- Brittney Sanfacon, advised by John Morris
- Chengzhe Gao, advised by Kevin Edgar, "Regioselective chlorination of cellulose esters"
- Sarita Hough, advised by Paul Deck, "Regioselective, Nucleophilic Activation of C-F Bonds in o-Fluoroanilines"
- Spencer Shultz, advised by Diego Troya, "An Investigation into the Use of Density Functional Thoery (DFT) Calculations for Predicting Vibrational Transitions for Perfluorinated Sulfonic Acid (PFSA) Ionomer Membranes"
- Shaunak Shaikh, advised by Amanda Morris and Nicholas Mayhall, "Synthesis and Characterization of pure-phase Zr-MOFs Based on meso-Tetra(4-carboxyphenyl)porphine"
- James Steiner, advised by Feng Lin, "Understanding and Controlling the Degradation of Nickel-rich Lithium-ion Layered Cathodes"
- Nakul Teke, advised by Eduard Valeyev, "Explicitly correlated Green's function methods for calucating electron binding energies"
Doctor of Philosophy Degrees
- Lindsey Anderson, advised by Robert Moore, "Chemical and Physical Modifications of Semicrystalline Gels to Achieve Controlled Heterogeneity"
- Loren Brown, advised by Joseph Merola and Paul Deck, "Rapid Synthesis, Characterization, and Catalytic Function of Rhodium(III) and Iridium(III) Chloro-bridged Dimers"
- Mingtao Chen, advised by Timothy Long, "Bridging Mesoscale Phenomena and Macroscopic Properties in Block Copolymers Containing Ionic Interactions and Hydrogen Bonding"
- Darren Driscoll, advised by John Morris, "Fundamental Spectroscopic Studies of Small Molecular Adsorption and Oxidation on Catalytic Surfaces"
- Christine DuChane, advised by Joseph Merola, "Synthesis, antimicrobial activity, and catalytic activity of rhodium and iridium piano stool complexes: Teaching an old dog new tricks"
- Maryam Ghavami, advised by Paul Carlier, "Antimalarial Agents: New Mechanisms of Actions for Old and New Drugs"
- Tyler Grissom, advised by John Morris, "Fundamental Investigations of Hazardous Gas Uptake and Binding in Metal-Organic Frameworks and Polyurethane Films"
- Katherine Heifferon, advised by Timothy Long, "Designing Functionality into Step-Growth Polymers from Liquid Crystallinity to Additive Manufacturing"
- Christopher Houser, advised by Gordon Yee, "Synthesis of New Molecule-Based Magnets using Bridging Organic Radicals"
- Kevin Kaurich, advised by Paul Deck, "Segmented Aromatic Polymers Containing Thermally Reversible Linkages"
- Hao Li, advised by Webster Santos, "Design, Synthesis, and Structure-Activity Relationship Analysis of Selective Sphinogosine Kinase Inhibitors"
- Shaoyang Lin, advised by Amanda Morris, "Functionalized Metal-Organic Frameworks for Water Oxidation Catalysis"
- Jennifer McCord, advised by Tijana Grove, "Protein Engineering for Biomedicine and Beyond"
- Hadi Mohammadi, advised by Hervé Marand, "On the Melting and Crystallization of Linear Polyethylene, Poly(ethylene oxide) and Metallocene Linear Low-Density Polyethylene"
- Ryan Mondschein, advised by Timothy Long, "Structure-Property Relationships of Polyester Regioisomers and Pendant Functionalized Polyetherimides"
- Chadwick Powell, advised by John Matson, "Synthesis of Small Molecule and Polymeric Systems for the Controlled Release of Sulfur Signaling Molecules"
- José Rodriguez Corrales, advised by Brenda Winkel, "Evaluation of potential photodynamic therapy agents and patient-relevant biomarker combinations for the selective targeting of cancer"
- Russell Snead, advised by Webster Santos, "Development of Novel, Regioselective Borylation Protocols"
- Samantha Talley, advised by Robert Moore, "Morphology-Property Relationships in Semicrystalline Aerogels of Poly(ether ether ketone)"
- Matthew Vincent, advised by Hervé Marand, Cryallization and Melting Studies of Poly(ε-caprolactone and Poly(ethylene oxide) using Flash™ Differential Scanning Calorimetry and Preparation and Characterization of Poly(δ-valerolactone) Fractions"
- Guanyu Wang, advised by John Morris "Interfacial Energy Transfer in Small Hydrocarbon Collisions with Organic Surfaces and the Decomposition of Chemical Warfare Agen Simulants within Metal-Organic Frameworks"
- Mingjun Zhou, advised by John Matson, "Elastin-Like Peptide Dendrimers: Design, Synthesis, and Applications"