Professor - Retired
Water Soluble Phosphines and Their Use in Homogeneous Catalysis; Asymmetric Catalysis; Ligand Design; Immobilization Techniques for Organometallic Complexes; Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysis; Solution and Solid State Dynamics of Metal Carbonyls; Reactivity of Metal Carbonyl Dimers
- Novel Cationic Copper Coordination Frameworks Constructed from Copper Phosphate 8-Rings and 4,4 '-Bisimidazolylbiphenyl as a Bridging Ligand. L. Hu, E. C. Spencer, B. E. Hanson, G. B. Wang, G. T. Yee, and C. Slebodnick, Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2008, 11, 982-984.
- Metal Organic Hybrid Networks Constructed from 4,4 '-Bisimidazolylbiphenyl, L. Hu, , B. E. Hanson, C. Slebodnick, and E. C. Spencer Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2008, 11, 1412-1416.
- Pressure Induced Cooperative Bond Rearrangement in a Zinc Imidazolate Framework: A High Pressure Single Crystal X-Ray Diffraction Study, E. C. Spencer, R. J. Angel, N. L. Ross, B. E. Hanson, and J. A. K. Howard, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 4022-4026.
- Synthesis and structure of two novel cobalt(II) and zinc(II) crystalline coordination networks constructed with 1,3,5-benzene tricarboxylate and 9,10-bis(imidazol-1-ylmethyl)anthracene, Motegi, H.; Hu, L. M.; Slebodnick, C.; Hanson, B. E.; Micro. Meso. Materials, 2010, 129, 360-365.
- "A Comparative Study of Solid Carbon Acid Catalysts for the Esterification of Free Fatty Acids for Biodiesel Production. I. Leaching of Colloidal Carbon" C. A. Deshmane, M. W. Wright, A. Lachgar, M. Rohlfing, Z. Liu, J. Le, and B. E. Hanson, Bioresour. Technol.,2013, 147, 597-604.
- Humboldt Fellow, University Freiburg and University Munchen, 1987–88
- DAAD Fellow, Institute for Organic Catalysis, Rostock, 1998
- B.A./M.A. Johns Hopkins University, 1975
- Ph.D. Texas A&M University, 1978
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Cambridge University, 1978–1979