- Theodore R. Canterbury; Shamindri M. Arachchige; Karen J. Brewer; and Robert B. Moore “A new hydrophilic supramolecular photocatalyst for the production of H2 in aerobic aqueous solutions” Chem. Comm. 2016, 52(56), 8663-8666.
- Hannah M. Rogers; Shamindri M. Arachchige; and Karen J. Brewer “Enhancement of solar fuel production schemes by using a Ru,Rh,Ru supramolecular photocatalyst containing hydroxide labile ligands” Chem. Eur. J., 2015, 21, 1-8.
- Theodore R. Canterbury; Shamindri M. Arachchige; Robert. B. Moore; and Karen J. Brewer “Increased water reduction efficiency of polyelectrolyte bound Ru,Rh,Ru photocatalysts in air-saturated aqueous solutions” Angewandte Chemie 2015, 127(43), 13010–13013.
- Hannah. M Rogers; Shamindri M. Arachchige; Karen J Brewer; and Sean Swavey, “Polyatomic bridging ligands” 2014: Reedijk, J. (Ed.) Elsevier Reference Module in Chemistry, Molecular Sciences and Chemical Engineering. Waltham, MA: Elsevier.
- Shamindri M. Arachchige; Karen J. Brewer "Hydrogen via direct solar production” in Encyclopedia of Sustainability Science and Technology, Robert A. Meyers, Editor, Springer 2012, 5173-5216.
- Shamindri M. Arachchige; Karen J. Brewer “Photocatalytic hydrogen production from water" in Encyclopedia of Inorganic Chemistry, Robert H. Crabtree Editor, John Wiley and Sons 2010,143-172.
- Alumni Award for Outreach, Virginia Tech, 2014 (team)
- College of Science Outreach Award, Virginia Tech, 2012 (team)
- Favorite Faculty Award, Department of Residence Life, Virginia Tech, 2012–2015
- B.S. Chemistry, The Open University of Sri Lanka, 1998
- Graduateship in Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry Ceylon, 1998
- Ph.D. Inorganic Chemistry, Wayne State University, 2006