Organic Polymer Chemistry
- Designing carboxylated alternating copolymers for anti-HIV microbicides, J. Med. Chem. 57 (15) 6354-6363 (2014) with Savage, A.; Li, Y.; Mataolyak, L.; Doncel, G.; Gandour, R.
- Synthesis and characterization of polysulfone-containing poly(butylene terephthalate) segmented block copolymers, Macromolecules 47(23), 8171-8177 (2014) with Dennis, J. M.; Fahs, G.B .; Moore, R. B.; Long, T. E.
- Nanoporous hypercrosslinked polymers containing Tg enhancing comonomers, Polymer 59, 42-45 (2014). with Zhou, X.; Huang, J.; Abbot, L.J.; Barr, K.; Lin, Z.; Svec, F.; Colina, C.
- Synthesis and characterization of double hydrophilic block copolymers containing semi-rigid and flexible segments, J. Polymer Sci. Part A: Polymer Chemistry, 53 (2), 219-227 (2015), with Savage, A.M.; Ullrich, E.; Chin, S.M; Kiernan, Z.; Kost, C.
- Nanoporous polymers from crosslinked polymer precursors via tert-butyl group deprotection and their carbon dioxide capture properties, Chem. of Materials, 27 (21), 7388-7394 (2015), with Huang, J.; Zhou, X; Abbott, L.; Lamprou, A.: Maya, F.; and Svec, F.
- Listed in Who's Who in Technology Today- Chemical Technology
- Listed in Who's Who in Frontiers of Science and Technology, 2nd Edition
- Distinguished Inventors' Award, Eastman Kodak Company, 1993
- Fellow of Division of Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering of the American Chemical Society, 2002
- Stein-Bayer Lecturer, Department of Chemistry University of Massachusetts Amherst, November 2003
- Named one of Top Ten Scientists in Tennessee by Business Tennessee magazine, March 2004
- University of Florida, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Department of Chemistry 2004 Alumni Award
- Tennessee Technological University, 2004 Alumnus of the Year Award
- Northeast Tennessee ACS Section Speaker of the Year award for 2005 for outstanding achievements in polyester research, May 2005
- PMSE Distinguished Service Award 2006, March 2006
- Industrial Polymer Scientist Award for Outstanding Industrial Innovation-ACS Division of Polymer Chemistry, August 2008
- Fellow of the American Chemical Society in the Inaugural Class of ACS Fellows, August 2009
- Fellow of the Division of Polymer Chemistry, American Chemical Society (Inaugural Class), March 2010
- B.S. Tennessee Technological University, 1964
- M.S. Tennessee Technological University, 1966
- Ph.D. University of Florida, 1971
- Postdoc Polymer Chemistry, Technical University, Darmstadt, Germany, 1971-1972
- Postdoc Polymer Chemistry, Univ. of Florida, Sept. 1972- Dec. 1972
- Scientist, Xerox Corporation, 1972-1980
- Staff Scientist, Exxon Research and Engineering, 1980-1982
- Research Associate, Eastman Kodak, 1982-1993
- Research Fellow, Eastman Chemical, 1993-2004